There is plenty to do during your visit to Englewood
- Swimming and sunbathing at the beach.
- Rent a small boat or a jet ski, or take a charter fishing in Lemon Bay and the Gulf of Mexico.
- Fishing dock in Englewood.
- Collect shells or fossilized shark teeth.
- Make a long walk on the sandy beaches.
- Swim in our large swimming pool (heated in winter).
- Play tennis or shuffleboard.
- Take advantage of wireless internet in the reception building.
- Play a game of pool or table tennis in the reception pavilion.
- Borrow a book from the small library and reading lying on a lounger by the pool.
- Grill the fish you caught that day in our picnic area.
- Bring your boat: the public boat ramp is just minutes from Palm Manor Resort.
- Many “outlets”, shops and food and liquor stores within walking distance.
- Disney World in Orlando, Tampa, Fort Myers and Sarasota are ideal destinations for day trips.
There are several golf courses just minutes from Palm Manor:
- Many courses in Rotonda Golf and Country Club
- Oyster Creek
- and many other courses nearby.
- Beef O’Brady’s
Some restaurants close to the beach:
- The Lock n Key in Englewood Beach is a local favorite.
- The White Elephant Bay Lemon typical local restaurant and music on the terrace.
- The Gulf View Grill (watch the sunset).
Old Englewood Village in Dearborn Street is a picturesque corner of Englewood. Unique shops found there, and restaurants such as La Stanza, the Bay Cafe, Englewood’s on Dearborn, Vino Loco (wine bar), Zeke and Mango Bistro.
The second Saturday of each month is called “Dearborn Stroll” (Dearborn Drive). The shops are open late and you can dine, listen to music and stroll through this historic area of Englewood.
You must visit Boca Grande. Located about 20 minutes from us, it is a beautiful little island with shops, restaurants and public beaches. (There is a toll bridge). Each year, takes place at the Boca Grande Tarpon fishing tournament. Premiums returned to the winners are the highest for this type of tournament. Former President George Bush to take a vacation.